Tuesday 30 August 2016

New to me technique using Brushos

Hi there everyone! I had an awesome day in my craft room today. As usual, I am reaching for my Brushos. They have to be one of my most favourite things to use on cards.

While at the HLS Craft Retreat, we had so much fun playing with Brushos. I did a demo using the starch and cling wrap technique.  We had lots of Anything Goes time to play with all our goodies as well. This gave everyone the chance to play at their own pace and experiment.

Darnell created a beautiful panel using her Brusho powders over a stencil. Everyone loved it. I hadn't done this before so decided to have a play today. 

I really love combining Brusho colours to create a bit of a rainbow effect. The colours are so vivid!

Here is my card -


The colours I used are - Turquoise, Purple, Lime Green, Sunburst Lemon, Orange, and Crimson
I love how it turned out. Stay tuned for a video tutorial as soon as my new camera arrives. I can't wait to share this technique with you :)

The sentiment is from the HLS Fun Birthday Sentiments and heat embossed with WOW! powder.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges -





613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes

Thanks for popping in today. See you soon xx

14 comments:

  1. This looks amazing Kylie, I too love mixing the brushos, no time this week but hoping to give it a go soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops and thanks for joining AAA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kylie,
    what a super and lovely brushos technique.
    It looks so very vibrant and lovely.
    Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge with this.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply gorgeous Kylie!! SO beautiful! Great technique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! How you've managed to keep the brusho colours so neat and rainbow like I'll never know! But you are the Brusho Queen and this looks AWESOME! Great technique ... yep I need to give this one a go too and it's great to see you play along at AAA Cards with it too. Thanks so much Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kylie! Hello! This card is gorgeous. I am a big fan of Brushos - still trying my hand with them. Have you published a tutorial on this technique? I need to try it. I love the say you were able to have the colors blend but keep them distinct as well. Love the embossed background and the wonderful embossed sentiment on black. really makes it pop on your colorful panel. Wonderful work. Thanks so much for linking up and playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great, very energizing card. I love the vivid and vibrant colors are so beautifully chosen. This card works like a cup of good coffee :-)
    Hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Brushos too and you have used them in such a gorgeous way against the white embossing. Really stunning!! Thank you for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS Challenge. We hope to see you back again soon! Karola, DT, InvisiblePinkCards

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nicely designed and executed! Thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gaaaaaahorjus, darling!! Thanks so much for the shoutout, Kylie! I'm off to see if you've done the video yet. I've been crazy busy with home schtuff and the NBUS Challenge, but I hope to get back to more BPT (Brusho Play Time) soon!! Thanks again for turning me on to these addictive powders (tee hee)!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning look, love how your card turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delightful. And great "control" of those powders!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.