Saturday 23 January 2016

ATCAS #80 - RED

Hi there!

I have a couple of reasons for making this card today. 

I was really inspired by Hazel's card HERE that I wanted to CASE it. I had some left over smooshed panels that happened to be red and that was perfect for the challenge over at ATCAS that went live a couple of hours ago. PLUS Happy Little Stampers is the sponsor of this challenge!

I made a few little changes to the design of this card compared to Hazel's. I added a butterfly as the die cut instead of the 'Happy'. I also have just got in these new enamel dots at HLS and couldn't wait to break them out.



I haven't had much time in my craft room lately but got to have a quick play tonight. Even though it is after 8pm and I have a rule for not taking photos of my cards at night, I really wanted to get this one done and dusted. I used my phone and it worked out quite nicely. Not my usual style of photography but it did the job :)

I used the following products from Happy Little Stampers

Butterfly Birthday    Fun Birthday Sentiments    'Neutrals' Enamel Dots    Butterfly Dies    Mini Mister / Spray Bottle (20ml)


My background was created by smooshing Brushos (Scarlet) into watercolour paper. There is a touch of gold Perfect Pearls in there too.

I embossed my sentiment and the butterfly.


Here is the challenge at ATCAS


I would also like to play along at

Stamping Boutique - Use Die Cuts Punches
Southern Girls Challenge - Anything Goes

and just a reminder about the current CAS challenge at Happy Little Stampers



Thanks for popping in xx

12 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning design, Kylie! All that die-cut panels make a perfect BG for your lovely butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great Kylie my friend! Thanks for the shout out! LOVE your smooshed panel! Have a lovely day! Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very classy Kyle, love that red smooshing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kylie! I really love the effect of smooshing on your butterfly and border! Such a beautiful CAS design, too!
    It was great fun to see your card in the gallery today :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty and a wonderful CASE of Hazel's beautiful card, Kylie. Especially love the smooshed butterfly --- gorgeous colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the simplicity of this card. It gives it so much impact and makes the colours pop. Thank you for joining us at Southern Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiul! clean and simple but gorgeous. thanks for joining us at The stamping boutique

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely card..thanks for sharing at the stamping boutique

    Tina
    dt

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope this comment gets through for some reason I cant leave comments on your blog but here goes....As ever a beauty love the smooshing or swooshing or whatever its called and that gorgeous shaped panel with the lovely butterfly. Hope all is well with you my friend.

    Yours as ever

    Ugly Bum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see it worked so off to comment on the rest

      Delete
  10. Love the red smooshing ... very striking! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow such a great card Kylie love it.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.