Wednesday 9 December 2015

HLS Mixed Media Challenge - Anything Goes {I chose to Finger Paint!}

Hi there! Over at Happy Little Stampers this month we have our new Mixed Media challenge up and running. I'm not on the DT for this challenge but decided I wanted to play along and just spread the word about the challenge.

I got down and dirty today!

I created a canvas using Oil Pastels and my fingers :). What no stamps??



I started with applying gesso to the surface of my canvas. I scribbled my oil pastels around and blended with wet fingers. I kept repeating that until I was happy with the coverage and the colours.

I gave it all a quick dry off with my heat gun. Using black, I started to draw the circles for my flowers, then the stems and lastly the leaves.

I coloured in all the circles and leaves and with a wet finger I went around the outlines of everything just to soften it up.

I used a stencil and archival ink for the background texture.

Just to define things more I used a white gel pen as an outline. 

Lastly I sprayed the whole thing with a gloss sealer.

I have never attempted this sort of mixed media before so I was very happy with the result.


I am going to link up at



613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes


Thanks for popping in today xx

11 comments:

  1. Oh yes! I like it even more now that I see it close up! Thanks for linking up over at the HLS MM Challenge and for advertising for us! :) Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. So colorful and happy Kylie! Thank you for sharing your project and creativity at 613 Ave C!
    ~ginny, DT for 613 Ave C : [ ATG / or Bags, tags, boxes twist]
    Owner: RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous blend of colours Kylie...love this. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I love this! I'm so excited you used oil pastels. I have some but haven't gotten around to using them. Thanks for the kicks in the pants!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME!! LOVE this fun and colourful canvas. Great job Kylie! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colours Kylie
    lilian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Kylie, what a beautiful card! I love its colourfulness and so interesting background.
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Kylie, what a beautiful card! I love its colourfulness and so interesting background.
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful colours and inkiness! It must have been so much fun to make. And it is such a happy card (especially for a dreary Vancouver winter day!).

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! what a great canvas my friend. I just love those little flowers - might we see them in stamp form...lol?!! TOO cute! This would look awesome hanging on any wall - so happy and bright. I'm so glad you jumped in and played along with us this month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!!! What can I say .... this is amazing. I love how it's all hand drawn and I'm with Ingrid ..... these would make fab stamps! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.