Sunday 20 September 2015

Butterflies Galore; Mixed Media; Gelatos; Brushos

Hi there everyone. I had the case of the missing mojo lately but yesterday I retreated into my craft room and came up with six, yes SIX cards. I am happy to say that the mojo seems to be back.

I tried quite a few new techniques to me as well so that was fun! Another thing I attempted where colours that I don't usually use.


WARNING: You may get butterfly overload with this post ;)


Card #1


This card was created using Brushos straight onto glossy cardstock. I hadn't tried this before and I loved how easy it was. I sprinkled my brushos onto the paper then used a HLS mini mister to activate the crystals. I stamped the butterfly onto a snippet of left over card and fussy cut it out. The butterfly and sentiment are from the HLS Butterfly Birthday set.

I would like to enter this card into the challenge at


Southern Ridge - Favourites (My all time favourites are brushos and butterflies)
Simon Says Stamp - Favourite Technique



Card #2


Now this is a new to me colour. I NEVER use green but the green brusho is amazing. See all the other colours that come out once the crystals are activated? I really love this card. This was made using the same technique as Card #1. Once again I have used the HLS Butterfly Birthday and mini mister for this card.

I would like to enter my card over at

613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes (no option this time)
Little Red Wagon - Try Something New



Card #3



For this card I kept with the glossy cardstock but used Alcohol Inks and blending solution. I squirted a small amount of alcohol ink onto my craft sheet and added a little blending solution. I then smooshed my cardstock into the ink. I then took a stencil and placed it over the panel and with a blending tool and some fluid, I pounced it all over the stencil. I created a smaller panel with left over colour to stamp my butterflies and fussy cut them out. Once everything was dry, I stamped the sentiment from the Bold Birthday Sentiments set.

I would like to enter this card over at


Through the Purple Haze - Happy Birthday



Card #4


Another card using the same technique as Card #1 and #2 but this time more colours that I never use. This is a combination of orange and lemon brushos. They made this beautiful background. It is so much fun to see all the different outcomes when using brushos.

I would like to enter my card over at

Scrap and Craft - Butterflies
Cards and More - No DSP


Card #5 
(are you sick of butterflies yet?



Another use of alcohol ink using the same technique to pick up my colour as Card #3. Once I had smooshed my panel into the ink on my craft sheet, I also added some undiluted ink straight onto the panel to give it a more darker and vibrant look. Another fussy cut butterfly and sentiment from the Bold Birthday Sentiments set.

I would like to enter my card over at

The Artistic Stamper - Things with Wings


Card #6
What? No butterfly?



This card was really fun to make. On watercolour card, I used sticks of gelato to colour in the panel. I blended them a bit with my finger and then used a wet paint brush to blend even further. I stamped the sentiment and then added some gloss bead gel through a stencil for some extra interest and sparkle. The brightness and vibrancy of these colours are amazing in real life. 

Allsorts - Sparkle
Pencil Cases - Bright


If you have stuck with me right to the end, thank you! I hope you have enjoyed my post.


Thanks so much for looking xx






23 comments:

  1. Wow Kylie these are gorgeous...the mojo definitely came back with a vengeance! Love all the fabulous colours...and of course the butterflies. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great assortment of cards Kylie, love all of those brusho backgrounds, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Kylie, I love them all. I'm not familiar with brushes, but you have made me want to check it out! Thanks for sharing with us at LRW Challenge this week! Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow stunning cards Kylie - your colours are so rich and vibrant - love the butterflies too - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A super collection of cards Kylie and one with sparkle just for us, many thanks for joining in at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, all! Butterflies still do not have enough, because they were so wonderfully arranged. Backgrounds amazing colors as well. Thank you for the inspiration.
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful cards, the backgrounds are all so pretty. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! really stunning selection of cards!
    thanks so much for entering our challenge at The Pencil Case.
    Hugs xx Cara DT
    http://thepencilcases.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Butterfly overload? Are you kidding...keep those stunning, beautiful showcases coming! You backgrounds are *the* perfect canvases for your amazing butterflies! I'm in love...again!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  10. No butterfly overload here - I love them all! Thanks for explaining how you did the alcohol ink one with the stencil - it's great to have another way to use my alcohol inks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never get tired of butterflies ... these are all so amazing Kylie!! Love the colours you've used ... and the techniques. The brushos turned out amazing on glossy card stock ... need to try that out. And yesterday, I tried smooshing with alcohol inks ... didn't turn out as nice as yours, but will give it another try --- the stencil overtop is so clever!! Thanks for sharing all your tips. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kylie thank you for describing the techniques you use it is like taking a master class. I have not tried Gelatos but I do like the look of Brushos. Beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah, you are such a temptress with your Brusho colors! They've got to go on my Christmas list for sure now!
    Which set do you recommend? You have such a great hand with those crystals too. One card is lovelier than the next! Thanks for the inspiration (and the temptation!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a productive day you had with Brushos and butterflies, Kylie! I've not tried Brusho on glossy cardstock, must try it. Thanks so much for playing along at The Mixed Media Card Challenge and Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. great colors und background
    thanks you for joining us at cards und more challenge
    regrads Tinchen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cards,Thank you for joining in with us at Scrap & Craft,
    Avaler

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazingly beautiful cards. All background and butterflies are lovely. Thanks so much for joining us at Artistic stamper this month.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the amazing vibrant and bold look Kylie!
    Thanks so much for joining our team at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What beautiful backgrounds you created with your Brusho's on all of these lovely cards! Thanks so much for playing along with the Mixed Media Card Challenge - friends, this month! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks like a ton of fun! Such bright and happy cards!

    ReplyDelete
  22. All dreamy, Kylie. Thanks for joining us at the MMCC this month.

    ReplyDelete
  23. love it ! Thank you for joining in with us at Scrap & Craft, Good Luck

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.