Wednesday 15 July 2015

Reminder for HLS Challenges

Hi everyone. Back today with a quick reminder for you that there is still time to join in this month's Christmas Challenge and Sketch Challenge at Happy Little Stampers.

First up is the Sketch -


For my card this time, I went with a big flower instead of a tree.




This stamp comes from SU! Flower Fair. I stamped the image four times and then fussy cut each layer. Popped up with foam tape gave it great dimension.




Next is the Christmas Challenge. You need to follow the word that is provided and your project must be related to Christmas.




Here is my card -




I went with a shaker card and concentrated on having a cardinal sitting among the birch trees.



I've used 'snow' in the shaker which is a bit hard to see so here is the card laying flat.


and the inside of my card is below




Whenever I make these it is a real PAIN when all your sequins and goodies get stuck to the inside sides of the shaker part of the card. I can't remember who (sorry!) but I was told that baby powder would stop that from happening. I actually swiped my embossing buddy over the inside of the shaker element once assembled and now not one piece of the snow has stuck! Awesome!


And now the CAS Challenge





I used Acrylic block stamping for my background. 


Pop on over to the challenge blog now because there are heaps of reminders for you about all our monthly challenges.




Thanks so much for looking xx


8 comments:

  1. Three fabulous cards Kylie. Thanks for the tip about the embossing buddy to help with that pesky sticking problem with shaker cards. I have all but given up home of making these. :) Love the beautiful layered flower, your gorgeous wintery scene with shaker, and the vibrant colours of your acrylic block stamping. All inspiring!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lot of inspiration here, Kylie! Your first card reminds me that I have a flower from this set all ready to go and this is a wonderful layout for it. And the birches and cardinals with all that sparkly snow make a beautiful Christmas card! And the last card is jaw dropping gorgeous! Your acrylic block stamping is always so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three fabulous cards here, Kylie! The large flower makes a perfect focal point and the tree shaker card is so serene and beautifull. I just love the inky background on the butterfly card too!,

    ReplyDelete
  4. All cards are so beautiful! I love butterfly on this amazing background. Christmas card is so elegant. Great colors, so festive. The first card you for showing completely different perspective on the sketch. Wonderful card.
    Regards,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love that shaker card. That glitter frame really makes it POP. A very peaceful scene.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful cards! Love the purple bloom card such gorgeous colours and the design, Your Xmas card is just so cute. Love the traditional colours and the scene you created! As well as the splotchy background of the third card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really gorgeous cards, Kylie! I love how you layered the bloom on the first one, and your shaker card is fabulous! Beautiful water coloring on the last one, too...you sure know how to inspire everyone to join in the challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three gorgeous card, love the colours on your butterfly card. xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.