Saturday 6 December 2014

STAMPlorations December Challenge + goodbyes

Hi everyone and welcome back. 

Today is the start of the new monthly challenge over at STAMPlorations. This challenge is


Choose any of our past challenges for inspiration (monthly or sketch).

I decided to choose a challenge that I missed creating for because I was off galavanting around London and Spain ;)

Back in April of this year our challenge was -


You could show us your favourite technique to use. I have chosen

ACRYLIC BLOCK WATERCOLOURING

(You can see my tutorial HERE)

Yep! That was hard to decide. It really is my favourite technique at the moment. 


Here is my card


I wanted to use this stamp from the TYPOGRAFIA: Encouragement set so I inked up my acrylic blocks with Distress Ink colours (Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed & Scattered Straw) I felt reflected the desert. I die cut a sun from another panel that I used the same technique for and inked the edges with a brown ink.

All the splats were made with my acrylic blocks as well. Just ink up the block and spray it really well with water. Let the drips fall onto your watercolour paper.

We also have a guest desinger joining us for this challenge - LauraJane

I would now like to express my sincere thanks and gratitude to Shery of STAMPlorations. This will be my last post as a Design Team member for her. Thanks so much to all the other girls at STAMPlorations. They are an amazing team!!

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges -



613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes (optional twist)


Thanks so much for looking xx


7 comments:

  1. Lovely water colored card!! I love what you have created with STAMPlorations images over the past months-- I would say good bye but NOT since I get to see you on 2 other teams plus HLS [which I am trying to get over and really play along!] :) - that said, you will be missed on this team for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the colours of this card Kylie .. definitely reflects the time of your in Australia! :) Fabulous technique and beautiful designed card. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the results of this technique :) love the bold yellow, I am gonna miss u at Stamplorations :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great watercolor card. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. PennyRae DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have seriously mastered this technique, Kylie! I love the color palette you chose for this card and the sentiment is fabulous!
    PS: LOVING your videos with this technique, too...Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a burst of sunshine - love all that watercolor glory and the die cut sun to top it off. It's been fun DTing with you. CU around, Kylie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow just soooo fabulous ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.