Saturday 4 October 2014

ATCAS #49

Firstly, welcome and Happy World Card Making Day everyone.

Over at Addicted to CAS we have a brand new challenge and I am your hostess for this challenge. Due to a family emergency (and me not being very organised at the moment), I made this card earlier today in about 10 minutes flat. I didn't think I was going to make something in time but all the stars aligned and I was lucky enough to produce something that I was happy with.

Here is the code word -


Stencils are something I have only really just added to my stash. I first bought some from Shery over at STAMPlorations. Then I only bought my first Distress Inks not long ago, either. I know, I know I am a BIT slow. Anyway, stencils really weren't something that I thought I would really go for but then I found texture paste and all those goodies so the stencils were a must have ;)

Here is my DT card -


Firstly I cut my panel to the size I wanted and used painters tape to adhere my stencil (Faded Dots) so it wouldn't move while adding the ink. I blended Broken China, Salty Ocean and Faded Jeans for an ombre feel. 

The stars are Lil' Inker Dies (omg, I love this company and have a new order on the way which I can't wait for). 

The sentiment is from STAMPlorations and from the Sentiment Builders: Celebrate set.

I matted the whole panel onto black cardstock. I only wanted a very thin border of black so it didn't take away from the main panel. 

We also have the pleasure of a brand new guest designer joining us for the month of October - Hannelie from Desert Diva. Don't forget to pop on over and say hi.


I would like to enter my card into the following challenges -




Thanks so much for looking xx





18 comments:

  1. Wow you made this gem really quickly and I only have one stencil from Shery too but they are fun especially with embossing paste. Great ombré look with the mix of the bold colours of the stars...love the contrast x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that shows real talent Smiley making this fab card in ten minutes especially after the week you've had ! Loving the ombre effect and the great colours. That sentiment is fantastic and beautifully placed. Thanks for a great codeword boss. Hope you have a much better week and thinking of you all.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Kylie - what a fabulous card, made in minutes!! Love it! Hugs, Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fab quick make Kylie. Hope things have settled down for you. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did an amazing job considering the time you had and circumstances u were in. Love the ombré blue :) super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your stenciled background with your stitched stars, and the graphic alphas are perfect! So proud of you that you could create such an awesome card in 10 minutes, too! You rock, Kylie!
    I sure hope your family situation has settled down for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the stenciled bg! Thanks for joining in at JUGS too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your pretty blue background! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous design Kylie ... love the shades of blue with your dot stencil. And those stitched stars are so sweet!! :) Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This came together so quickly Kylie and it's absolutely fab. Think you might just get addicted to something else now........stencils!!! 😊 I'm with you on the Lil'Inker dies.........amazing! Thanks for the great code word.

    Hugs.

    Karen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous male design! Love how you added different shades of blue color to the stenciled background!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this CAS design and those Stars...Must have...thanks for letting us know where they came from! Super card...thanks for sharing your talents with us at JUGS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stencils are a hot favourite at the moment and I have just started collecting too. Love your cas but fabulous card. Love the ombre effect and sentiment. Thanks for joining us at JUGSIna

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so festive, Kylie!! Love the polka dot stenciling!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Kylie - hope your Dad is okay now! Fabulous card, like the graduated stenciling!

    ReplyDelete
  16. GREAT job with the composition. The colors of the stars are so striking with the large white space and blue inked background! SUPERB design! Love your soft color combo and use of elements!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a eye-catching CAS card! I love the stencil background and the bright color!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kylie, thanks for such a great challenge word! I love your colors and the hatched "celebrate" works so well against the dotted background. Just gorgeous.
    Hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.