Monday 11 August 2014

Mixed Media with Inspired by Stamping

Hi everyone! I'm so glad you could join me today.

I would like to share a card with you that I have made using one of my favourite stamps available at Inspired by Stamping. I have used many techniques for this card and can't wait to share them with you.

Firstly,  created my background. I used distress inks straight onto an acrylic block and then sprtized them with water. I randomly placed them onto my cardstock and then used some paper towel to pat the colour. To speed up the drying process I ran my heat gun over the finished cardstock.





Using the Summer Fun stamp set (New Release), I stamped the umbrella and two sentiments with Versamark and heat embossed using white powder. 




Next I used the wave stamp and used a couple of different colours and repeated my stamping.




Then I used a couple of stencils. One I sponged ink over and the next I used a Gloss Gel medium over the stencil to create texture.


The final touch was having fun by taking a wet paintbrush and added a bit of reinker to it and splattering ink everywhere!

The whole panel was then attached with strips of foam tape.

There you have it! A mixed media card which was lots of fun to make!


I would like to enter my card into the following challenges -

613 Avenue Create - I have used the option for Sights/Sounds/Smells or Tastes of Summer



Thanks so much for looking xx

9 comments:

  1. this is fabulous Kylie. I love there is all this texture yet it is not overpowering, the whole look is still subtle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo - looks like it was fun to make too - very nice indeed Kylie

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet!! Love all your layers of goodness on this beauty Kylie! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, Kylie! Fab textures - and all those splatters :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are becoming a mixed media master :) love the textures ! Thank you for sharing with MMCC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice technique! Great outcome! Thanks for leaving this in our mailbox here at 613 Avenue Create. We look forward to your next visit to the neighborhood.
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much interest, yet monochromatic to let the summer message shine through. Thank you for joining us at MMCC #2 with your creation, teamie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely patterns and textures/layers! thanks for playing along with us at MMCC :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the soft blue colors and the beautiful textures.
    Thanks for playing with us at MMCC. Hope to see you with us again in September!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.