Wednesday 5 March 2014

ATSM #84 - Photo Inspiration

Good morning!

Here we are back again at Wednesday which means a brand new challenge over at Addicted to Stamps and More!

We have a photo to inspire you this week. You may take any elements (colour, theme, objects) from the photo to create your project.


It's International Women's Day on the 8th of March, so what perfect inspiration for this week's challenge!


Here is my DT card -



I have used the colours and theme in the photo as the basis for my card. This is for my sister - a wonderful woman!!

I have also CASED a card that I received one year for my birthday by Kim Badelt. Kim used Greys and Pinks on my card. I subsituted the grey with black.

This stamp set is one of my favourites and one that I don't use enough. I have stamped the image twice so I could cut out two of the flowers and the middle section to pop up on dimensionals.  I have sponged around a lot of the cardstock which is something Kim does on her cards. I don't use black ribbon very often but it came in very handy on this card :)

The edges have been created by die cutting with my Edgelits - Adorning Accents.

Here is a close up of the middle section -



And in true Kim Badelt style, I even CASED the inside of the card :)




I hope you will join in on the fun this week at Addicted to Stamps and More. There is plenty of inspiration from the DT so go and check it out. 



I would also like to enter this card into the following challenges -

Stamping Sensations - Pretty In Pink
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
The Pink Elephant - Birthday

Thanks so much for looking xx






11 comments:

  1. Oh this is so beautiful I love it. The colors are wonderful. Love the design as well. Thanks for joining us this week at Created with love Challenges.
    Linda K. DT
    www.ladybugstampers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so elegant, Kylie, stunning card! I love the challenge too, I hope I'll find time to play along! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kylie, this is a WOWZA card! I love every single detail! Heck, the inside design would make a great card outside, too!! Your sister will treasure this!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very pretty card and such an elegant design Kylie.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful - I love the colours, details and layers - so feminine, so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kylie. Beautifully feminine. Your sister will love it! The black ribbon highlights the pink beautifully. Love the way you coloured and layered the flowers. Have a fab day! hugs Monika xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in love with this beauty :) love all the elements design colors everything about this card :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning card! Thanks for joining our pink challenge at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't you just love having crafty friends that you can CASE? lol This is a beauty. I too love this set and don't use it enough! The colors you used make it so soft and feminine. I'm sure your sister will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful Kylie. Love the curved elements and the lovely flowers. Your sister is sure to love it! Hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is SO pretty Kylie! What an elegant design, gorgeous outside and in! I love the patterned papers and the delicate stamping. Thank you for sharing it with us for our Pink challenge at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.