Saturday 7 December 2013

ATCAS #28 - SNOWFLAKES

Hi everyone from a beautiful day here in sunny Queensland. Earlier today, I was down with my dad and the family dog (Jackie Tan) at the water for a bit of fishing. Lot's of bites but nothing caught :(

Over at Addicted to CAS, we have our last challenge for 2014. Here is the code word which was chosen the the uber talented, Karen!


I do wish that I will see snowflakes at Christmas just once in my life. It is certainly on my bucket list. I was very jealous of the pictures that fellow teamie, Jaydee, posted the other day. It's funny, actually, because I HATE the cold. That's why I moved to Queensland in the first place. BUT, to see a white christmas would just be amazing!!


Here is my DT card for this code word -


(I even created a signature to use on my cards so I am feeling VERY clever at the moment, lol)


I chose a very monochramatic look for my card this time. I felt the silver and black were a nice combo for this Christmas card. See that snowflake? That is part of some card candy I was sent by fellow teamie, Loll.Thanks, Loll!!

I would like to enter this into the following challenges

A Creative Romance - Sparkle at Christmas

Crafty Hands Challenge - Seasons Greetings / Winter theme

YNS Challenge - Photo inspiration



So, now you need to pop on over to the challenge blog to enter your Snowflake creations. There is plenty of inspiration there from the amazing Design Team.

Before I go, I will share some pictures with you. This is how we roll in December here in Queensland ;)


My tootsies...



Our pooch - Jackie Tan (Jack for short)



I actually took a 'selfie'! (just in case you thought the dog was very clever!!)



Dad and Jack out in the water fishing 



Thanks so much for looking xx


21 comments:

  1. silver and black is just perfect for Xmas and love your design. I spotted your little butterfly immediately-you are too clever. We don't often get snow here but you are welcome anytime! Fab pictures, all dull and miserable in London!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful snowflake card!!

    ps - your link is wrong
    pss- Thanks for the xmas card!! Loved the glitter strip on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vicki! Weird about the link because I took it straight from my blog. Nevermind, all fixed now. Glad you liked your xmas card xx

      Delete
  3. This beautiful snowflake is perfect on the black with the sparkle behind it! A super classy card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful silver snowflake on the black - a lovely winter creation! Well - I live where there is snow in the winter - and there is certainly something to be said for your warm Christmas in the water!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Kylie - love the black and silver with that beautiful candy from Loll. Great shots of you 3 beside/in the water......I would willing trade places with you; just have to give the word!!! lol

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Kylie ... love the white, silver and black - so elegant!

    LOVE the pictures you shared of your day of fishing ... looks nice and warm. Cold here and getting down to -10 C tonight - brrrrr ... so cold for us - we usually are well above freezing this time of year. Good excuse to stay home, keep warm and get caught up on some blog visiting! :)

    Love your new signature! You are so clever!! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love this black and silver card Kylie! It's pretty cold here in California - colder than normal - I'd love some of your warmth from there!! Thanks for sharing your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG Kylie - I am soooo jealous of those beautiful sunny scenes - it's getting colder by the minute in the UK!
    Love your elegant snowflake card - the black and silver is such a great combination.
    Wishing you a wonderful Christmas - big hugs, Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh I love the black, white and silver, Kylie! It's so classy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely, elegant card! Thanks for playing along with the current CraftyHands challenge. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely card! Love the sparkle! Thanks for playing with us at YNS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card - love the silver and black together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab card,thanks for playing along with us at Your Next Stamp

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the watermark Kylie its gorgeous how did you do that I love it ! Fabulous card very classy and dynamic. Am not at all jealous of your photo's she lied would swap you any day for Christmas In Aussie want to do a trade, dogs and dads most welcome !

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You want to be a blues brother as well Marie!! Only joking!!! Fabulous photos thanks for sharing Kylie.
      Hugs, Flo xxxx

      Delete
  15. Wow, Kylie, this snowflake is so gorgeously glittery ... perfect with the black and silver background! The photo's are fabulous ... gorgeous surroundings and wonderful weather! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card,thank you for joining us at A Creative Romance and Merry Christmas
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Simply elegant..i need to share this with my friends on Pinterest! Thanks for playing at Your Next Stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful card, love the snowflake as the focal point and I love all the sparkle!! Thanks for joining us this month at YNS:)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.