Wednesday 27 November 2013

ATSM Challenge #73 - HOLIDAY

Hi everyone! Welcome to hump day! Not long until the weekend again. 

Over at Addicted to Stamps and More, we have a brand new challenge and a brand new theme this week.

We used to be up to our 'Colour' round but I made the decision to scrap the colours and go with a theme instead. So, now we would like you to come up with something that depicts

HOLIDAYS

This could mean the holidays that everyone all over the world celebrate like Christmas or Easter for example. This theme could inspire you to use a favourite holiday destination as the basis of your project. You may even choose to create about a public or National holiday that you celebrate in your part of the world.

Our wonderful sponsor this week is 



I have two cards to share with you today both using Christmas as a theme.


Here is my 1st card -




I have used this gorgeous image from our sponsor called 'Let it Snow'. I printed Mr Snowman onto blender paper and then coloured him with my Spectrum Noir markers. I cut him out and then prepared the rest of my card. 

In my desk I found rulers that I had bought about 10 years ago and had pretty much forgotten them. They are by Fiskars and have those different funny edges on them (I'm sure this isn't the technical name for them!!). So, I used one to tear my cardstock along to give the effect of snow banks. I added stickles to the edges and put it aside to let it dry.

The background paper is from my Winter Frost DSP stack and the Frostyville Border is one of the dies that my beautiful crafty partner in crime, Phillipa, sent me some time ago. The sentiment was inked with pool party and is from the Greetings of the Season set (SU).

Once my stickled snow banks were dry, I used heaps of dimensionals to pop up just about every layer.

Now I look at my creation, I really should have added a touch of snow to the trees. Nevermind, lets imagine that it was shaken off somehow ;)


I would love to enter this card into the following challenges -

Spectrum Noir - Christmas/Winter
Come and Get it Challenge - Anything Goes but must use a digi
Glitter n Sparkle Challenge - Show us some Snow



Now onto my second card -




I have bought the new Thinlits Card Circle die. This was a bit fiddly cutting the DSP to fit in with the panels but it all worked out in the end.

I've used the Festive Flurry bundle and a never before inked set called 25 and Counting. This has long been retired but I always wanted it and when I saw it on ebay for a great price, I couldn't resist. I've had it for months though. It will be perfect to create an advent calendar!





This turned out very pretty. I love the Island Indigo and the silver together.


I would love to enter this card into the following challenges -

Festive Friday have their last challenge for the year and you can choose from their previous challenges. I chose this one -




Stampin' Royalty have a photo for inspiration. I took the colours for my inspiration - (I must have missed this challenge by a whisker!)



And over at Make My Monday they would like to see Contemporary Christmas Creations.



That's it for me today (well, you never know with me... I may be back).

Pop on over to the challenge blog. There are amazing cards over there for inspiration.

Thanks so much for looking xx






18 comments:

  1. Super Cute Card! I really like how you have done the snow on the snowman card. Like the dimension on it. Thanks for joining us at Glitter N Sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the layers on your snowman card. What a cute snowflake die and the sparkly snow is just perfect! Your flip card is beautiful. I love the layers on your snowflake. Why oh why do you always make me regret not buying something?! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card Kylie, adorable snowman image & so festive he really looks like he's reaching out to something!

    Good to see you join us for the CAGI Challenge, hope to you come back soon!
    ¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
    Shell in Alaska ~ CAGI DT
    http://akstamping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! Kylie I do like that sweet snowman and all the lovely layers. BTW - I think I have those rulers somewhere! The snowflake on the special fold card is so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning cards, Kylie! I love the elegance of the second card but I can't resist the cuteness of the first card!! All the layers and that fab die really make it special. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow your second card is so creative but I have to say I love your first card. The snowy hills are so clever-I have to try that as I just got some stickles-first lot ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kylie, love your jolly snowman card, really like how you have used the DP in the background and the snowflake border die. Your flip card is also beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your snowman card! It's so cheerful and sweet!!! Do you have any idea which company made the banner die?

    Happy Thanksgiving! I admire all the work you put into your carDs! Miss Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two fabulous cards Kylie. The image from DeeDee is so cute and I love the scene you've created with the tree, snowbanks and falling snow border - adorable!

    That is some fancy folding for the second card! Love how it all folds together and has the die-cut circle that swings. Such a pretty snowflake and I love the color combo. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are lovely Kylie.. Love the first one a lot, it's so cute.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great colours and sparkle! Love that fold, too! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday! Looking forward to seeing you again in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kylie, both cards are wonderful, but I am in love with your snowman card. I always tend to use that die on the base of the card, why on earth had I not put it on top instead! It's fabulous. For your thinlet card, it was totally worth fussing to cut the DSP, it works so well.
    Hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Christmas cards Kylie - thanks so much for joining in this week at MMM - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness Kylie - what terrific cards you've made this time. I love your darling snowman one with the wonderful snow and snowflake border - too cute! The other card with the snowflake is just stunning. I too love the indigo and silver together. Nice job my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous cards, Kylie! Beautiful coloring on your snowman, and I love the snowflake border! I also love how you designed your 2nd card ~ the Island Indigo and Silver is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Kylie. Love both of our cards. The colouring and layers on your first one are fabulous. Have a lovely day! hugs Monika xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty - I love a flip card! Those snowflakes as your focal point are gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are both wonderful cards! That first one couldn't be cuter with those layers, and the second...so lovely and elegant! Thanks so much for joining in with us for our final Festive Friday challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.