Monday 28 October 2013

Christmas Wreath

Hi there everyone! Hope you are well. I hope that you are enjoying your part of the world wherever you may be.

Today I have a card to share with you that I was inspired to make thanks to two challenge blogs.

I have been able to have a play with my new goodies and couldn't wait to get started. 


Here is my card -




I am loving my new dies! I've actually got quite a lot of new things to play with, I'm having trouble deciding on what to use. Life is good, lol.

My Christmas Wreath has been popped up on my Fancy Fold Card. I followed a tutorial over at Split Coast Stampers.


Here is a close up of the wreath.




This is actually my second card that I have made with these dies but the first one will be shown for a challenge that starts at the beginning of the month.

These cards are very, very fiddly having to build the wreath but I love the end result and the time taken is worth it. To assemble the wreath, I have cut out the Twig Wreath and then lots of the Pine Sprig Cluster. I shape all the pieces by rolling them on a pencil or pushing them into my paper piercing mat with my stylus. 
I put a blob of glossy accents onto my silicon craft sheet and using tweezers, I pick up a sprig and dip the end into the glossy accents. I place it onto the base wreath and use my paper piercer to place it. Then I just go around and around and fill it all in.


The two challenges that provided me with inspiration for this card are -


and



Thanks so much for looking xx



Supplies Used:
  • Cardstock - Very Vanilla, Wild Wasabi, Garden Green and Pistachio Pudding (all SU)
  • Stamps - Greeting of the Season (SU)
  • Ink - Real Red (SU)
  • Dies - Twig Wreath and Pine Sprig Cluster (Impression Obsession)
  • Accessories - Silicon craft sheet (SU), Paper piercer (SU), Stylus (SU), Paper piercing mat (SU), Glossy Accents, Dimensionals





16 comments:

  1. wow this is so creative Kylie. The wreath must have taken ages but sure looks fab. Thanks for joining us at Ink x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Kylie! What a beautiful wreath. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very beautiful, Kylie!! I love the papers, the embossing, the wreath... It's all very stylish! Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational challenges! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kylie. Great to see you at Inkspirational with this beautiful card. Love the shape and the choice of patterned paper. Marina

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so elegant, and I love the traditional feel of this Christmas card. The wreath looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful, Kylie!!! LOVE the great wreath you created and I adore the white on white embossing! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowie Kylie - so fantastic!!! What a gorgeous wreath - well worth all the fiddly effort. Thanks so much for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a cool card. Love the wreath and the embossing underneath is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this fancy fold and all the dimension you've achieved with this wreath! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet!! Love your wreath and the fancy fold card. Fabulous designer papers too. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the dimension in the Christmas wreath and the texture too! I really like the stepper card! Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your wreath is beautiful, and the unusual folding really adds that extra something.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a real WOW card Kylie! I adore the traditional festive wreath and it pops wonderfully against the crisp embossed white panel! I can see that wreath took time and patience but as you say, absolutely worth it! Thanks so much for sharing your fab fancy fold card with us at 52 C}CT! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kylie, this is awesome! The wreath is fantastic by itself, but the embossing and the fancy fold make the card even more wonderful. I'm so glad you shared this with us at 52{C}CT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! What a detailed card. Beautifully done. Thank you for sharing with us at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous creation, love that beautiful wreathon the embossed background. Thanks for joining in with our Fancy Fold challenge this week at 52 CCT

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.