Wednesday 5 June 2013

ATSM Challenge #48

Goodmorning! 

Over at ATSM we have a colour challenge for you this week.



You don't have to use these exact colours - just the closest that you have.

Here is my DT card -


I have so many mixed emotions about this card. My conclusion is - I don't like it lol

Anyway, this is how I made it.

I used a memory box die that I hadn't used before for the trees and grass. This was cut onto striped DSP. The clouds are a memory box die and popped up on dimensionals.

I created the sun out of a circle die and a pennant die. I saw this technique by someone else in blog land and now I can't find it again! If it was you, please tell me so I can give you the credit!!

We have a wonderful sponsor for you this week -

My Digi Store

Prize $10 voucher

I can't wait to see you over at ATSM this week to see what you come up with!

Thanks so much for looking xx

12 comments:

  1. I think its gorgeous,Kylie and I LOVE the little scene you created! Great use of all dies as well.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kylie. Well I like it!! Such a cute card! Love it done on the Natural card base. The striped ground and trees is great ... and the idea of making the sun from a circle and pennant die is awesome! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you decided to stick with this. I really like the tree die, it has too go on my list of must haves! And the sun is a cool design, you should be happy within card x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kylie. Love your card. You brought the sun out to shine and blow away those clouds over Brisbane! ... at least it was at the time of writing LOL Great idea for the sun, also love the way you co-ordinated the stripes with the trees. :-) Have a great day. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kylie! I like this card! Love all the details.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kylie, you are being too hard on yourself, I think the card is really cute! The sun looks great and it's a fun idea to make a scenic card like this. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely, Kylie! What a lovely scene you've created, very pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the colors worked perfect for the scene you created! And that is a great tip on how to make the sun...I am going to have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don' agree with you, 'cause I really like it, it's a fantastic design:) It has such a great contemporary look, and the big happy sun is such a fab detail together with the little scene of trees and houses.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What's not to like about this card Kylie? I love the row of trees and that big bright sun. It's a happy card (even with the Miss You sentiment).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi KL, What is there not to like. I think it is fantastic. I really love this. You know, I was looking at this. There is a large die shape, like the sun, in one of the (I think) spellbinders cogs and sprockets die cutting sets. I am going to give this one ago! Thanks for the inspiration my lovely friend.
    Have a great week.
    Hugs, Florence xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love your card Kylie - its such a cute scene! Your sun looks amazing....I may have to steal that idea:) Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.