Saturday 9 March 2013

ATCAS - Challenge #8

This week our challenge is hosted by Florence!
Florence has chosen an AWESOME code word for you which is
And this to me was a no-brainer! Butterflies!
And here is my DT card -
I created this one layer card using a technique that I had learned at my Online Card Classes - Partial Die Cutting. This is where the butterfly die (from Hero Arts) was placed in the middle of the card before folded and only cut through a partial part of the card. I did this for two butterflies. Then I stamped where the die had been cut and then randomly on the card.

I would be happy to try and put together a tutorial if anyone is interested. I love how the butterflies just pop off the card!
I have coloured the butterflies using Touch Twin Markers and then outlining them with a cool grey.
The sentiment is from my Whimsical Phrases set.
Our sponsor for this challenge is


Check out the other inspiration from the DT over at Addicted to CAS! We can't wait to see what you come up with.

I would also like to enter my card into the following challenges
Flutterby Wednesdays - Open Challenge
Cuttlebug Mania - Butterflies
Loves Rubber Stamps - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Artistic Inspirations - Things with Wings
Happy Campers - Flutterby Butterfly



Thanks so much for looking xx


20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous CAS card, Kylie - fabulous colours on those butterflies!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kylie, this card is stunning. These HA butterflies are my favourite and I love the colours you've used. Great effect with the partial die cut too - yes, a tutorial would be much appreciated. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Kylie! Love the bright jewel colours of the your butterflies and that really classy partial die cutting effect. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Kylie! So very lovely! I would love to learn how to do that. You've colored those butterflies so beautifully. It's a happy card - love it. Hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing card and it really looks as though those butterflies are flying off the card. thanks for fluttering with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such wonderfully vivid butterflies - I LOVE the movement off the page!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these butterflies flying off the card - such a cool technique. The colors are bold and beautiful ... and the shadow line makes them seem 3-D and brings them to life. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, Kylie. I adore the butterflies and a tutorial would be massively appreciated.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Firstly. are you sure you didn't set this word, we know you love any excuse to use butterflies! And this is just too stunning, I love how the 2 top ones pop up. Now this is has to go to my number one top Kylie card!!
    I am so glad you said you would put together a tutorial for this as I was reading it and didn't quite understand so was going to mail and ask you!
    So please do put one together, I would really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the bright butterflies! Just so pretty! Thanks for playing with us at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous butterflies, Kylie! Fabulous colouring. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  12. One layer cards can be difficult but you have done a wonderful job. I, too, love butterflies. Thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You bet I a tutorial - a gorgeous card Kylie - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What beautiful butterflies, Kylie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card Kylie, love the techniques and so beautifully coloured, I adore the bright colours makes it feel so spring like thanks a bunch.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  16. stunning thanks for joining us at artistic inspirations and good luck emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, so pretty and I love the die-cutting technique you've used. Thank you for joining in with our 1st challenge at Cuttlebug Mania.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a pretty card Kylie - great tutorial as well!!! Love all the different colours you've used; those butterflies look as if they are just flying off the page.

    Karen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so beautiful Kylie, love the colours and fabulous technique, would love to see a tutorial..

    Thanks for joining in with us at Flutter By Wednesdays..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely gorgeous, you took my breath away, I love everything about this card (it's going in my file for future inspiration:)) Thanks for joining the Butterfly Challenge at Cuttlebug Mania.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.