Wednesday 7 November 2012

Addicted to Stamps and More - Flowers

Wednesday morning and another challenge over at Addicted to Stamps & More!
The challenge this week is to be Addicted to {Flowers}
So create anything you like as long as it has to do with flowers. I decided to leave mine until the last minute of course. Then I wanted to try and make a flower from fabric (says she who has trouble threading a needle). Why? Who bloody knows!!! I trawled the internet for some inspiration and I finally found something that was pretty close to what I was looking for. I was ultimately trying to find something very, very easy but of course I found something that required actual stitching. What was I thinking?? Anyway, I grabbed some fabric squares that had long been forgotten (and under the bed in a huge bag) which I had bought to try my hand at quilting. That didn't get very far....
Long story short ("too late"), I gave this flower a go. Now that I have finished it, I can see where I can make improvements for the next one. Practice makes perfect, right??? Right? LOL.
Here is my card -
I found the perfect button in my stash to add to the centre. I have used Crumb Cake as a base card, First Edition Prints (the print on this paper talks about Cherry Blossoms) and Rich Razzleberry.
 I have used my white gel pen to create the faux stitching.
The sentiment is from my Sassy Salutations set and inked with a Rich Razzleberry marker.
Check out the amazing array of cards over at the blog created by the DT. There is tonnes of inspiration to be had.
Last but not least, just a quiet "mwah" to Victoria, Marie and Karen. I will miss you over there at Addicted to Stamps and More! Victoria, stay safe and keep well. Marie and Karen - see you on the flip side at Addicted to CAS xx
Thanks for looking xx

9 comments:

  1. Kylie ... I love your fabric flower!!! Good on you for actually sewing it together. I am "sewing-challenged" ... so most of mine is faux stitching. Speaking of that ... love the faux stitching on your RR cardstock. Great layout and design for your card ... especially love the printed background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kylie, well done with the flower! I can't see any flaws in it, looks great to me! Your layout is lovely as well. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flower is fab with that gorgeous button in the centre Kylie! Love the colours you've used as well:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you've done the flower, Kylie, beautiful card. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mwah to you too !!! Well whats wrong with the flower then !!! I even zoomed in but couldnt see any problem or room for improvement then again I am visually challenged lol ! Gorgeous card kylie and I love the faux stitching. Just one thing..... can you slow down with the posts I cant keep up with you !!!

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kylie, splendid card your flower is gorgeous - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am giggling away at your post and expecting a horror but in fact your flower and the card is beautiful of course! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Kylie. Love the flower and the colour combo. Mmmmmm yummy! Have a great weekend.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Practice does make perfect Kylie - but I'd say you did darn good for your first try - not sure you need much more practice. Your fabric flowers are fabulous. Love the whole card. I would have the issue if I tried to sew something. I'd have to rely on a glue gun and some strong adhesive as I can hardly sew a button back on to something :o) Love your terrific card - hugs D

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.