Monday 11 June 2012

Challenge Idea

Hi everyone,

I only have 6 followers but I love you all!!

I was wondering your thoughts on the following -

I would like to start a challenge here at Addicted to Stamps. It would obviously incorporate stamps but I would also like to see a challenge for alcohol markers. I have seen the ones for Copics and Touch Twin Markers etc. but would prefer an all round marker based challenge. I entered a challenge just for Touch Twin Markers for the first time last week - I have just realised that the winner is chosen by a random thingy-me-bob. I would rather be in a challenge that the best entries are chosen by real people lol. I haven't won any challenges but am more than happy to keep entering as I am just looking at inspiration and creative ideas. I'd like to have the following awards -

Honourable Mentions
Top Pick
Encouragement award (do you think people would be offended??)
Rookie award?

Names of the awards would be up for discussion and perhaps only some awards could be given at this stage depending on the number of entries.

What I would like to know is - Would you or anyone you know be interested in being on the Design Team? I'm not the best at this at the moment and wouldn't be confident of providing the inspiration that a design member would provide....

Are there restrictions on entering challenges if your blog is the host of a challenge?

Please let me know what you think - Am I being too optimistic and completely unrealistic??

I would obviously design a badge and award badges etc.

I would love to hear from you and any others you think may be interested!!

Kylie

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a brilliant idea - I love challenges but like you I prefer the winner to be chosen because it's a good card and not because it's been randomly generated.
    If you need someone to be on your design team I would love you to consider me please - I use Promarkers and the Stampin' Up markers.
    One last thing - do be optimistic, my challenge blog started just over a year ago and now we have nearly 200 followers.
    Let me know if you would like me to put a link to your post on my blog - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacqueline,

    I would love for you to come aboard as a designer. I am really flattered that you are interested.

    Im trying to design a badge as we speak but not having much luck :) I think I will leave it until tomorrow lol seeing its nearly midnight. I will email it to all design team members once finalised and we can nut it out together.

    Please do place a link on your blog and if you see anyone that is interested that you are familiar with, please let me know your thoughts. You can email me at kyliepurtell@gmail.com

    Welcome as the first design team member!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kylie! Great idea, I don't think you're being unrealistic at all. I too prefer winners to be chosen on merit of the work, not just randomly.

    Perhaps you can get some ideas from other Challenge sites - there are loads out there. Maybe you could ask the hosts how they run a challenge and get some ideas of people who have 'gone before you'.

    I don't participate nearly as often as I'd like to, but that's probably because I'm already on two design teams and spend whatever time I do have spare working on those.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patrice, thanks so much for your reply. Anytime you would like to be involved, just let me know!!

      Delete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.